Monday, January 2, 2012

My Very First "Five In A Row"

Today we started our first "Five in a Row" week. We are rowing "Katy and the Big Snow."



Day 1
Make your own city and discuss all the necessary buildings and workers required to run a city.

We started with a few familiar streets and Miss 4, did the rest.

Miss 2 actually built most of the block buildings and Miss 4 named them.

A lot of their favorite toys (and appropriate) came out to play too.

We had so much fun!!! I even got involved and excited. I wish I had come up with pictures or a game or something that involved the workers in the city (police, fire, doctor, etc.) I guess I've got 4 more days to go, so it just may come up. :o)

Since my children are young, I plan on repeating the Five in a Row books until we've outgrown them or until I find another lesson planning resource that I love. For now, I love Five in a Row and I'm pretty sure I'll continue loving it.

More to come on "Katy and the Big Snow" tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment